After nine years of homeschooling, with two of my three kids now in our local schools and one still at home with me, I find myself often nostalgic for the early years of homeschooling.
What I Would Tell My Younger Homeschool Self
As I reflect back, I can see all the progress we’ve made. I can also see how much my perspective has changed in regards to education and homeschooling.
In today’s episode, I am sharing 5 things I would tell my younger self back when we were first getting started homeschooling.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
WATCH A VIDEO REPLAY: 5 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self
NEVER BOARD LEARNING
FIND THE CONNECTION YOU CRAVE TO CULTIVATE THE HOMESCHOOL THAT IS IN YOUR HEART.
One thing I’ve learned in our 9+ (!!!) years of homeschooling is that homeschooling shouldn’t look anything like the public school of your past. I created NBL to be a safe space for creative parents and educators to authentically connect, share ideas, and support each other as they raise their wildly and wonderfully unique children and teens.
I’d love for you to step outside of that ol’ proverbial box and join the fun! Right now, download a free copy of our monthly playbook!
Our members love our NBL Playbooks! These ebooks keep your children and teens busy and learning all month long.
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE:
- Never Board Learning
- Homeschooling Kids with Learning Differences: A Day in the Life (Example of an NBL DITL Event)
- Leave us a message
- The Homeschool Sisters Podcast on YouTube
- When Homeschooled Kids Go to Public School
- The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease
- Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton
- How to Rock THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of Your Homeschool Day [Digital Course]
- The Lazy Homeschooler’s Guide to Unit Studies [Digital Course]
AND DON’T MISS OUR YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO IT ALL HOMESCHOOL PLANNER!