Are you looking for the perfect game for a family gathering? Something simple to learn, fun to play, and perfect for group gatherings?
Enter Wits & Wagers: Family Edition, an award-winning trivia game that is fun for all ages.
‘Wits & Wagers: Family Edition’ Is Fun for All Ages
This post is part of my Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
The Scoop on ‘Wits & Wagers: Family Edition’
Here is the scoop on Wits & Wagers: Family Edition:
- Recommended for ages 6 and up
- 3 or more players
- Game can be played individually or in groups/teams
- Takes approximately 25 minutes to play
Each player, or team, receives one dry-erase answer board, 2 meeples (one large and one small), and a dry-erase marker. Players take turns reading each round’s trivia question. The reader receives the trivia card tray.
How to play:
Playing this game is super-simple. The game can be explained in under five minutes, making it the perfect group game for family gatherings.
- One player reads a trivia question aloud
- Each player writes a response on his or her dry-erase marker board (all answers are numeric)
- Reveal responses
- Responses are lined up in order from smallest to largest
- Players place their meeples on the answers that they think are closest to the correct response
- Players earn points as follows:
- 1 point for writing the winning answer
- 2 points for placing large meeple on the winning answer
- 1 point for placing small meeple on the winning answer
- Record the points from each round on scoreboard
‘Wits & Wagers: Family Edition’ is easy to learn, perfect for groups, and fun for all ages
Wits & Wagers: Family Edition is one of those perfect party games. It can be explained in seconds and the game itself takes under an hour to play. The game can be played individually or in teams. Players need only know how to write numbers to play.
The best part? Yes, it is a trivia game but you don’t need to know the answer to win!
Wits & Wagers: Family Edition is a simple game that results in tons of laughter. It is the perfect game to play at a family gathering, holiday, or birthday party.
Another fun thing about this game is that you can actually go to NorthStarGames.com and click on “get in the game” to submit your own trivia question and actually be in the game!
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- A Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite game right now? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Misunderstood: Embracing Wonderful and Wildly Unique Kiddos - November 18, 2019
- THiNK OUTSiDE BOXES: An Outdoor Homeschool Subscription - November 5, 2019
- How to Be A Happier Homeschool Mom with TeacherFit - October 17, 2019