When your homeschool looks different from everyone else’s, it can be challenging to stay confident.
My homeschool doesn’t look like everyone else’s.
And neither does Kara’s. Or Shawna’s.
Today, I’m sharing resources for parents of homeschoolers who thrive in an environment that is … well… different.
When Your Homeschool Looks Different From Everyone Else’s
Please know you aren’t alone and remember this: You were your child’s first teacher.
(And that means you’ve got this.)
Cait and Kara chat with Shawna Wingert about homeschooling
In this episode, the sisters chat with one of their most favorite people: Shawna Wingert. Shawna is a writer, speaker, author, and homeschool mom to two amazing boys with special needs. Do you ever feel like your homeschool doesn’t or can’t look like the homeschool next door, or the family at church or co-op, or even all the families on the internet? Shawna joins the sisters to remind you that it’s okay, and that just because you have to do things a little differently, that doesn’t mean what you are doing is less.
Listen to the episode
Listen to the episode by clicking the image below, and you can read the show notes with all resources mentioned here.
Do you feel like your homeschool looks different?
Please know you aren’t alone! I hope these related articles help:
- To the Lady at the Pool Who Spoke Up During One of My Lowest Parenting Moments
- When it Feels Like Worry is Winning
- Parenting Gifted? You Need to Bookmark these Helpful Resources
- Gifted Voices: A Series of Personal Stories
- Homeschool Voices: A Series of Personal Stories
- When Your Child Is Academically Beyond You
- Best Laid Plans: When Anxiety Throws You For a Loop
- Everyday Autism by Shawna Wingert
- Sensory STUFF (Overexcitabilties, intensities, SPD, ADHD, anxiety, behavior- call it what you will)