I found the best boredom-buster, you guys! It’s called Unbored Treasure Hunt and it is oodles of fun!
There are two words that- when repeated incessantly- can drive a parent close to the breaking point:
Yet, when we allow our children to stew in their boredom long enough, it is my experience that they usually stumble into something wonderful. My children are their most creative, most imaginative, most happy just after whining about boredom.
Here is a recent example:
But there are some days when I just cannot take the whining about boredom. Maybe I didn’t get enough sleep or have a headache, maybe a child is under the weather, maybe the weather itself is the issue. Whatever the reason, some days I cannot bear to listen to the “I’m bored” broken record.
I like to have something hidden in my back-pocket for these occasions. Something I can pull out to get a few hours of peace. This something might be a book or a game or an art project… something that will encourage imagination and creativity and, at the same time, provide mama with a moment.
Do you do the same?
Today, I am sharing the latest tool in my arsenal.
Unbored Treasure Hunt is the Ultimate Boredom Buster
This post is part of the Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
Unbored Treasure Hunt will bust boredom and cause belly laughter!
Are you familiar with the book Unbored Games? It is now a series and it is fantastic.
Let me tell you, this little book has saved my bacon countless times over the years.
I pack it on vacation in case we get a rainy day, I’ve used it on long car rides, I’ve pulled it out on sick days, I’ve given it as a gift time and time again.
Somehow, I didn’t know that MindWare Toys now carries two games based on the book Unbored Games. When I first heard about MindWare Toy’s Unbored Treasure Hunt, I had to check it out.
This box houses oodles of fun for kids. In Unbored Treasure Hunt, children will tap into their imagination and creativity as they create their very own treasure hunt!
The kit includes a field guide sure to inspire your children. The guide walks children through the steps needed to create their own treasure hunt, including how to create secret clues and codes! The kit also includes 25 clue cards, 12 envelopes, graph paper, a compass, and a penlight.
How to Play:
Together, your children will decorate a treasure box, fill it with loot, and hide it in a secret location. This game can be played outdoors or indoors. The first time my kids played, they played outdoors in our backyard and surrounding woods. We have since played it indoors on rainy days.
What is great about Unbored Treasure Hunt
Here’s what I love about this kit:
- It inspires creativity and imagination.
- Children are required to work together.
- The kit can be used with multiple ages and any number of children.
- On the surface, it may seem like all fun and games, but hiding a treasure and coming up with clues and code and arranging them in the proper sequence is a big job for kids and it involves a lot of problem-solving, teamwork, and learning.
And here’s the icing on the cake…
The first day my children used this kit, they played it outside for three and a half hours!
It’s safe to say that Unbored Treasure Hunt has earned a place in our overflowing game closet. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we checked out the other Unbored kit on the market.
If you like Unbored Treasure Hunt…
… you’ll want to check out MindWare Toy’s Unbored Disguises because it is hilarious. This photo says it all:
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Gameschooling 101: How to Homeschool with Fantastic Games
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to add more play to your homeschool day?
Come check out Never Board Learning, a community for creative parents and educators who love play-based learning and gameschooling.