I love travel games! They are affordable, small, portable, and fun.
I never leave home without a game in my purse. I even keep a game or two in our car’s glove compartment or console. Today, I’m sharing my favorites.
The Best Travel Games for Your Family
You don’t need to be a globetrotter to love travel games. We don’t travel very far, but I appreciate how flexible travel games can be. I’ll often keep a basket of travel games on our coffee table or kitchen island as a play invitation!
Travel games for the car or plane
If you are traveling soon, here are tried and true activities for keeping kids busy in the car or airplane.
Card games make fantastic travel games
Our family loves card games. My kids always pack a few card games to play with Daddy when they take ski lessons and I’ll often bring a card game or two to play on the soccer sidelines.
Dice games also make wonderful travel games
One-player games are perfect for travel
When we go away, I rely heavily on one-player games. One-player games are a wonderful way to keep an early riser entertained when you don’t want everyone awake at the crack of dawn!
Travel games for little ones
Here are some fun games to keep your littlest gamers happy and entertained!
Classic travel games
Let’s not forget portable classic games. We will often pack one of these when we head out to a restaurant. A quick game or two can make waiting for food so much easier!
Don’t forget waterproof games.
I love waterproof games because they are incredibly durable! Don’t forget to check out waterproof games when searching for travel games for your family. Here are our favorites:
Do you love educational games too?
Check out these related posts:
- How to Choose the Perfect Game
- Building Your Game Closet on a Budget
- Game Closet Organization
- Finding Time to Play
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling with Games
- How to Grow Gamers Using Amazing Gateway Games
- How to Enjoy Board Games With Toddlers Underfoot
- How to Enjoy Board Games with Kids Who Fight … And Still Have Fun
- Gameschooling: Learning Through Play
- 100 Games and Picture Books for Play-Based Learning
- Gameschool Resources
Check out these related posts:
- How to Homeschool on Vacation
- Vacation Sleep… Or Lack Thereof
- Hangover from Fun
- Have Books, Will Travel: How to Homeschool on Vacation
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- ‘Sarabella’s Thinking Cap’ is a Story for Little Kids Who Dream Big - January 20, 2019
- The Best Gameschooling Resources for Under $25 - January 18, 2019
- The Best Gameschooling Resources for Under $15 - January 18, 2019