I’m going to park my top five gifted and twice exceptional (2E) posts of 2014 right here, all in one spot. These are the posts that you guys read and shared the most during the year. As always, thank you so much for reading this silly little blog of ours and for sharing in our journey.
Top Five Gifted and Twice Exceptional Posts of 2014 from My Little Poppies
1. Profoundly Gifted Guilt (Zero to Sixty) It’s not easy parenting a profoundly gifted, twice exceptional, and full of OE little guy. In fact, there’s a lot of guilt involved!
2. Sensory STUFF (Overexcitabilties, intensities, SPD, ADHD, anxiety, behavior… call it what you will) It’s all about baby steps with these twice exceptional kiddos. Here are some resources that helped me along the way.
3. On Sensitivity- TV Phobia Anyone? Sometimes I feel like we have the only TV phobic kid in the United States. Thankfully, I’ve read up on all things gifted and twice exceptional and worked on building a community. This community has helped me to understand Leo’s behavior, and to realize that sensitivity to themes isn’t as rare as you might think. It takes a village!
4. Top Gifted, 2E, and Homeschool Resources I’ve spent the last couple years researching, and here are my favorite resources for parents of gifted and twice exceptional kiddos.
5. Library Love I didn’t think I could love the library more, and then I was blessed with a PG, 2E, and full of OE little guy. Our librarians understand and appreciate him better than anyone in the school system ever did.
And there it is, folks, my Top Five Gifted & Twice Exceptional Posts of 2014. We wish you a very happy 2015, filled with all the things you love!
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- How to Be A Happier Homeschool Mom with TeacherFit - October 17, 2019
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019