The Painted Turtle Mystery:
This is Leo. The other day when we were hiking we found a half-eaten painted turtle.
It was really cool and I wanted to save it for a treasure but my parents said it would get smelly so we threw it over our fence after a while.
Our theories about what ate it are:
1. A heron (we were in a marsh where there were a lot of heron nests)
2. A raccoon (we live in NH and there are a lot of raccoons)
3. A fox (there are a lot of foxes here)
We really want to know what happened to this turtle. What are YOUR theories? Please share them here!!
Thanks for reading!
PS. Click here to learn how to make your own DIY NATURE EXPLORER PACK!
Follow Cait Fitz @ My Little Poppies’s board Kids & Nature on Pinterest.
- How to Make Read-Alouds Memorable in Your Homeschool - January 17, 2021
- Rock Your Read Alouds with This Simple Trick - January 16, 2021
- Does a game need to be “educational” to teach something? - January 10, 2021