Two veteran homeschool moms discuss what has surprised them most throughout their homeschool journey. Practical and encouraging, this is a conversation for moms in all stages of homeschooling with children of all ages.
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast Welcomes Shawna Wingert from Different By Design Learning!
Shawna is headed into her 13th year homeschooling and joins Cait in a candid (and, at times, hysterical) discussion of what has surprised them most as they look back on their homeschooling journey.
5 Things That Have Surprised Me As A Homeschool Mom
Listen to Cait and Shawna share their thoughts around:
- How less is more in the younger years
- Conversations are where so much learning happens
- College is NOT what we think it is
- Homeschool moms do so much more than we think we do
- We have so much time and yet, it goes so fast.
Please join us!
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast [Episode 128]
Watch the episode on YouTube!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR: NIGHT ZOOKEEPER
Night Zookeeper is a story-based gamified online creative writing program. My youngest might not be a natural writer, but he loves gameschooling!
This creative writing program is for kids ages 5-12+. The Night Zookeeper online platform includes an engaging storyline and features dynamic games and activities.
My youngest son enjoyed Night Zookeeper all last year and is continuing with the program this year. He doesn’t love to write, but he cannot resist a delicious storyline or a game! Night Zookeeper offers a wealth of stealth learning and captivates the imagination of creative kiddos.
Enjoy a very special offer for listeners of The Homeschool Sisters Podcast – A 7 day free trial and 50% off annual membership.
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Shawna at Different By Design Learning
- Previous Episodes With Shawna
- Dyslexia, dysgraphia, outside appointments and more with Shawna Wingert [Episode 90]
- Different by Design with Shawna Wingert [Episode 64]
- Episode 100: The Sisters Show! [Episode 100]
- Parenting Explosive Children: A Conversation with Shawna Wingert [Episode 40]
- Just because it’s different, doesn’t mean it’s less: Chatting with Shawna Wingert [Episode 6]
- Homeschool Planet Online Planner 30 Day Free Trial
- Never Board Learning
- Leave us a message
- The Homeschool Sisters Podcast on YouTube
NEVER BOARD LEARNING FOR OUTSIDE OF THE BOX KIDS (AND THEIR MOMS!)
One thing I’ve learned in our 9+ (!!!) years of homeschooling is that homeschooling shouldn’t look anything like the public school of your past. I created NBL as a safe space for creative parents and educators to authentically connect, share ideas, and support each other as they raise their wildly and wonderfully unique children and teens.
I’d love for you to step outside of that ol’ proverbial box and join the fun! Right now, download a free copy of our monthly playbook! Our members love our NBL Playbooks! These ebooks keep your children and teens busy and learning all month long.