I love when I find a high-quality self-paced online course. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my 9-plus years of parenting a gifted child, it is that you have to let the child lead the way. With self-paced online courses, gifted children can take the wheel!
I’ve mentioned before that my 5-year-old refers to himself as a mathemagician.
Our littlest fella sees math in everything! He helps us to appreciate the joy and wonder of mathematics.
- Take him on a hike and he’ll talk about the symmetry of tree leaves.
- Ask him to hurry up and finish his dinner and he’ll count bites or talk fractions.
- You should see his absolute delight when he discovers a hidden pattern somewhere in his little world. His favorite activities are extreme dot-to-dots, puzzles, and math games.
I love our little mathemagician, but it is hard to keep him satisfied when it comes to math. The little guy devours math.
I am constantly on the hunt for more math resources and that’s why I jumped at the opportunity to try GiftedandTalented.com.
A Self-Paced Online Course for Homeschoolers: GiftedandTalented.com
*Disclosure: I was given a 3-month trial to GiftedandTalented.com and compensated for my time to write a review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only choose to review resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy.
GiftedandTalented.com offers self-paced online courses that combine research, technology, and innovation
Originally developed through Stanford University’s Education Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY), GiftedandTalented.com is an award-winning program.
GiftedandTalented.com has been proven to increase learning, acceleration, and academic confidence for students of all abilities.
The goal of GiftedandTalented.com is to advance the learning of all students, not just gifted learners. GiftedandTalented.com courses are perfect for:
- supplementing school
- preparing for tests
GiftedandTalented.com offers a variety of self-paced online courses for children in grades k-12 including:
- Math & English Combined
- Redbird Mathematics
- Language Arts
- Beginning Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra
Tutoring options are also available for families who are looking for more structure and outside support.
This self-paced online course keeps ‘mathemagicians’ happy and eases parental anxiety!
If you’ve been following this site for any length of time, you know that I rely heavily on books and games as part of our homeschool curriculum. As a family, we love to read fantastic math books and play math games.
We also enjoy using manipulatives, and real-life math examples such as shopping and baking.
Still, I sometimes wonder…
- Am I covering what I’m supposed to be covering?
- Am I missing anything?
- Did I explain it well?
- Will there be gaps?
GiftedandTalented.com Redbird Mathematics is a complete, research-driven approach to online math learning that has helped to ease this mom’s homeschool math anxiety… and it was created by Stanford University!
- The courses offered on GiftedandTalented.com are all of your old favorite Stanford EPGY courses, but they now include updates and upgrades.
- All upcoming future courses will also utilize the latest Stanford research and standards.
What did the ‘mathemagician’ think of GiftedandTalented.com?
Our little mathemagician has been using GiftedandTalented.com Redbird Mathematics: Advanced Edition Grades K-7th for the past few months… and he loves it!
Just take a peek at this video. He’s beaming!
What did this homeschool mom think about this self-paced homeschool curriculum?
There are so many benefits to self-paced online learning, especially for kids who can’t get enough of a particular subject.
Here are just a few of the reasons I enjoyed GiftedandTalented.com:
- This program is convenient and easily accessible. Kids can access the course on the computer or iPad.
- Self-paced online courses help to take the pressure off of me as the sole math teacher.
- The program is extremely thorough.
- This program is self-paced and I have found self-paced courses to be a great fit for my gifted learners.
- GiftedandTalented.com provides individualized learning.
- Gifted kids will love that they don’t have to muddle through drill-and-kill. Instead, they can zip through items that they are proficient at.
- On the same note, a child is new to a concept or struggling, the program will focus on that until they gain proficiency.
- GiftedandTalented.com is an award-winning, research-based course developed by Standford University- and that eases my math worries.I love the dashboard! It tells me exactly what each child is learning, what areas they are proficient in, and which areas they need to work on.
- It also tells me exactly how many minutes they worked per session and how many problems were completed. So, I know if they were just sitting there logging minutes versus actually working!
This self-paced online course would be a great match for …
- Gifted students
- After schooling
- Summer schooling
Getting started with Gifted and Talented.com
Are you looking for other online learning opportunities?
Be sure to check out these related articles:
- CTC Math: Online Learning for Homeschoolers
- Ignite Creativity with Online Art Lessons
- ‘Playful Pet Portraits’ Will Delight Animal Lovers
- My Kids Have Fallen Head Over Heels for Smartick Math
- How Around the World Stories Helped Me to Muddle Through March
- Homeschool Art Lessons Keep Little Artists Happy
- Fuel Creativity and Learning Through Art
- Homeschooling with Gentle Guitar
- This Homeschool Math Course Will Ease YOUR Math Phobia!
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Do you have a self-paced online course that you love? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- ‘Sarabella’s Thinking Cap’ is a Story for Little Kids Who Dream Big - January 20, 2019
- The Best Gameschooling Resources for Under $25 - January 18, 2019
- The Best Gameschooling Resources for Under $15 - January 18, 2019