Today, I am sharing some recent rainy day games our family enjoyed.
But first, the backstory…
I’ve mentioned before that I do this thing that I call fleeing.
We have lots of friends and activities and fun times, but every so often I love to do nothing more than check the heck OUT.
Fortunately, my family has a little place in the mountains. I’ve been going up there since I was six. It’s a great place to flee.
When we flee, we simplify.
We spend every waking hour outdoors, in nature.
We read oodles of delicious books.
A photo posted by MyLittlePoppies (@my_little_poppies) on
And, on rainy days, we play games.
Today, I am sharing the games we played on our most recent “need to flee” excursion. These games, with one exception, are new to us and they were tons of fun!
Rainy Day Games to Keep Kids Smiling
On our latest excursion, the weather was incredible.. except for two extremely rainy days.
We enjoyed a rainy walk and some puddle hopping, but my kids were tired from a weekend at Storyland and so we decided to play some games.
Rainy day games keep kids smiling
Here are the games we enjoyed on this recent rainy day gameschool session:
Are you looking for ways to homeschool on vacation?
Here are some related posts:
- How to Homeschool on Your Vacation
- Have Books, Will Travel: How to Homeschool on Vacation
- Simple Summer Learning Ideas: A Series
- The Best Travel Games for Your Family
- 10 Waterproof Games for the Beach or Pool
Do you love games?
Me too! Here are some posts you might like:
- Gameschooling 101: How to Homeschool with Fantastic Games
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Gameschooling is Fun AND Educational
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite rainy day game? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- How to Be A Happier Homeschool Mom with TeacherFit - October 17, 2019
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019