A Resource Page
Check out these fantastic resources!
My Little Poppies LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website. For more information, please refer to our disclosure statement.
Play is essential for child development...
Would you like a free PDF of these resources? Click here!
... but did you know that it's important for the rest of us, too?
Today, I'd like to share some of my favorite play-based books, articles, videos, and websites. I hope these resources encourage you to play more!
My favorite TED Talks on this topic...
Do you need a little convincing? Here are a few play pep talks for you!
My favorite books about play...
- Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That's Transforming Education by Ken Robinson
- Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students by Peter Gray
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv
- Lifelong Kindergarten: Cultivating Creativity through Projects, Passion, Peers, and Play by Mitchel Resnick
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul by Stuart Brown
- The Power of Play: Learning What Comes Naturally by David Elkind
- Wonderland: How Play Made the Modern World by Steven Johnson
Play on the web...
Gameschooling: An easy way to add more play!
Be sure to check out our gameschooling resource page for everything you need to get started:
Podcast episodes about play...
Gameschooling: Learning Through Play
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
Cait is a game-master, Kara wants to be, but things keep getting in the way… like directions. So in today’s episode, Cait shares amazing ideas for adding more games to your days, for both learning and fun. The sisters talk favorite games old and new, games for certain subjects like science and math, why it’s OK to NOT love a game even if everyone else does, and the many, many lessons kids can learn from growing up playing.
Join us as we roll the dice, spin the wheel, and share easy tips for incorporating more games into your homeschool- such a fun way to learn together!
Gameschooling by Subject
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
In this episode, the sisters dive into gameschooling by subject. This is Cait's forte, so Kara does the interviewing, while Cait fills us in on favorite games for each subject.
The sisters also chat about a few popular games, and how games can make all the difference during the holidays. (Games are so hygge!)
Hey! Do you want a printable version of this 'Play Matters' resource list??
Click below for your free downloadable PDF of these play resources!
Gameschooling on the web:
Gameschooling with My Little Poppies
This is the My Little Poppies gameschooling page! Lots of resources and play-based articles.
A My Little Poppies Community
A vibrant community of game lovers! We share resources, tips and tricks, and so much more. Caution: this group is wildly addicting!