What happens when your traditional memory game meets yoga poses? Memory Yoga from ThinkFun! Work on balance, coordination, mindfulness, and memory in this fun twist on an old classic! I love when I can find a game that encourages my children to get up and move around!
Memory Yoga: A New *Twist* on an Old Favorite!
*Disclosure: I received Memory Yoga at no cost in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review and, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy.
Memory Yoga is a new twist on an old favorite!
To play, arrange all cards face down. Players turn over two cards per turn.
If the player turns over two matching cards, that player must hold the yoga pose depicted on the card for 30 seconds in order to keep the match. The player with the most matches at the end of the game is the winner.
Why I love this game:
- You can play this game straight out of the box. Everyone knows how to play memory!
- This is a game that the entire family can enjoy. It is recommended for ages 3 and up.
- I love that this game teaches young children yoga. Yoga and mindfulness will help children learn healthy habits, such as fitness and stress management.
- This game also works on visual memory, which is an important skill for young children, especially those working on those early literacy skills.
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite game right now? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- CuriosityStream: How to make the back-to-school transition a fun one - August 20, 2018
- These Five Amazing Homeschool Resources Will Make You Smile - August 13, 2018
- Gameschooling 101: How to Homeschool with Fantastic Games - August 12, 2018