This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
Looking Back: What we’ve learned [Episode 26]
The sisters are hopping in their homeschool time machine today and looking back on what they’ve learned.
Listen in as Cait and Kara talk about how they got started homeschooling, what they would have done less of and what they would have done more of, and hear how they’re applying what they’ve learned to their homeschool now.
This episode is brought to you by Audible. Go to audibletrial.com/sisters for a free audiobook. (And please come back and let us know which one you picked!)
LISTEN TO THE episode here:
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- 6 Ways to the Early Years You Won’t Regret | Sarah McKenzie, Amongst Lovely Things
- Audible <—- GO HERE TO GET A **FREE** AUDIOBOOK
- Audiobooks we love:
- Cait’s joy:
- Cait’s “Don’t believe everything you see on the internet” FB image
- Gameschooling: Learning Through Play | The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
- I’m just so glad he didn’t sit on the line. | Kara S. Anderson
- Jim Arnosky books
- Kara’s joy:
- Outlander (series)
- My Biggest Homeschool Regret | My Little Poppies
- Not the Former Things on Instagram
- Read Aloud Revival
- Richard Louv’s books
- S.D. Smith’s Instagram account
- Seesaw (online learning journal)
- Stir the Wonder
- Suddenly, Unexpectedly, Homeschooling (“You’re Gonna WHAT?!”) | My Little Poppies
- The Green Ember Instagram account
- The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease
I have *always* wanted to see an owl on a hike. • We have heard them. We have called to them. They have called back. • But until this afternoon, we haven’t SEEN one. • Sometimes I grumble about how my youngest takes *forever* to complete tasks. • We joke about how he’s so laid back he’s on island time. • But we all know that it is important to take time to smell the roses. To live in the moment and enjoy the little things. • I am not at all surprised that my youngest noticed the owl. Of course he would. It was magical. We had a magical moment with the owl and we would still be there except I have these two other kids who needed to be picked up ? • You can see more in our IG story. (I’m still pinching myself that this ?moment happened!!) • Want to see inside our nature backpacks? Follow the link in my profile! • https://my-little-poppies.com/diy-nature-explorer-pack/
FOLLOW THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS
You can hang out with Cait and Kara on Instagram.
TELL US: what have you learned on your homeschool journey? SHARE HERE!
PSST…DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS PODCAST WITHOUT SPENDING ANY EXTRA?
Many listeners have asked how they can support The Homeschool Sisters Podcast. The answer is a simple one. Do you shop online? Click our link first. You won’t pay any extra, but a small percentage goes toward The Homeschool Sisters Podcast to help offset our expenses. Every little bit counts, and we are so grateful for your support!