If you have been following our site for any length of time, you know how I feel about ThinkFun’s one-player logic games.
I love them.
I cannot get enough of them.
It is possible that I play these logic games as often – and even maybe more frequently- as my kids.
I have yet to meet a one-player logic game by ThinkFun that I do not enjoy.
So, when I heard that ThinkFun was releasing a new logic game I had to check it out.
Enter Kaleidoscope Puzzle: A Color Mixing Logic Game. This one was a lot of fun, you guys!
You can learn to play it in minutes and enjoy it for hours. It would be the perfect addition to your gameschool collection, art study, quiet time rotation, purse, glove compartment, or pool bag.
Kaleidoscope Puzzle: A Color Mixing Logic Game
*Disclosure: I received Kaleidoscope Puzzle at no cost in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review and, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy. Our family adores ThinkFun.
This post is part of the Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
Kaleidoscope Puzzle: A Color Mixing Logic Game
When you are a busy homeschool mama, you need to have some back-pocket resources for rainy days, sick days, road trips, and crankalicious moments. In my world, these back-pocket resources often include games.
And when life is crazy, the best games are those that can be explained in seconds and enjoyed for hours.
Kaleidoscope Puzzle is one of those gems.
Last week, in an effort to dispel homeschool doldrums, I took the kids swimming. It’s amazing how water can make my kiddos happy in an instant.
I packed Kaleidoscope Puzzle in my pool bag. Because all mamas know that – eventually- the kids get cold, or hungry, or both… and in these instances, it helps to have a game to play.
(If you are looking for ideas for your pool or beach bag, be sure to check out THIS post.)
Kaleidoscope Puzzle is a one-player logic game recommended for ages 8 and up. The game retails for approximately $9.99. Kaleidoscope Puzzle is a card game.
- 40 challenge cards
- 6 transparent color tiles
- Visual perception and reasoning
The object of the game:
Create an exact match of the image on your challenge card using the tiles provided.
How to Play:
- Pick a challenge card and figure out which tiles you will need to complete the challenge.
- Flip, stack, rotate, and rearrange transparent color tiles to match the array shown on your challenge card.
- Did you create an exact match? If so, you win!
What did the kids think about Kaleidoscope Puzzle?
My children are currently 10, 8, and 6-years-old and they all enjoyed this one. (I was not surprised by this. As I mentioned earlier, ThinkFun’s one-player logic games are among our family’s favorite games.)
It’s important to note that these one-player games can be used in a group simply by taking turns.
(This is our favorite way to enjoy ThinkFun’s one-player logic games, actually!)
It can also be fun to add a challenge by using a stopwatch to see who can complete the challenge card fastest. My kids love to do this!
We’ve only just begun our journey with this fun little game. We have played Kaleidoscope Puzzle half a dozen times since our visit to the pool and I know there will be lots of poolside play this summer!
If you like Kaleidoscope Puzzle…
You may enjoy these related articles:
- Logic Games for Your Homeschool
- Improve Quiet Time with Educational Logic Games
- 10+ Family-Friendly Card Games
- Lunchtime Learning: Games to Play While You Eat!
- The Best Travel Games for Your Family
- Lunar Landing: A Zero-Gravity Logic Game!
- BackSpin: Delight Kids with Double-Sided Fun!
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Do you love SimplyFun games?
We do, too! In fact, we love them so much that I decided to become an official SimplyFun Playologist. If you want to check out more SimplyFun offerings, you can head over to my Playologist page.