I love a good one-player logic game and I’ve found a new one for you! Today, I am excited to tell you all about Invasion of the Cow Snatchers by ThinkFun.
One-player logic games are a huge favorite around here. I use them all the time!
Here are a few examples of ways I use one-player logic games in our homeschool:
- One-player games are a great way to keep a child engaged and learning when you need to work 1:1 with another child
- These games pack up easily for road trips and waiting rooms
- One-player games can help keep kids quiet during quiet time
- They are just plain FUN!
Our favorite company for one-player logic games is ThinkFun. I’ve yet to meet a ThinkFun game I don’t love! Today, I’m sharing all about Invasion of the Cow Snatchers!
Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic One-Player Logic Game
*Disclosure: I received Invasion of the Cow Snatchers at no cost. I was not required to write a positive review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy.
Basic overview: Invasion of the Cow Snatchers
Invasion of the Cow Snatchers is a one-player magnetic logic game for ages 6 and up. Featuring 60 challenges at three different levels of play, Invasion of the Cow Snatchers is sure to delight and engage children of all ages. In this game, you are the UFO and you are attempting to snatch the cows. Using your magnetic UFO, you must figure out a way through the farm and over various obstacles, snatching cows along the way.
You can see my youngest gameschooler demonstrating Invasion of the Cow Snatchers here:
Invasion of the Cow Snatcher Components
This game includes the following components:
- Instruction booklet
- Game board with clear plastic cover
- 60 Challenge Cards
- 6 Magnetic Tokens (1 UFO, 4Cows, 1 Bull)
- 9 Walls (3 Barns, 2 Crop Rows, 2 Fences, 2 Hay Bales)
- 1 Silo
- 5 Crop Circles
Object of the Game
The goal of Invasion of the Cow Snatchers is to collect all cows, leaving the bull (red token) for last.
In order to accomplish this, you must maneuver your UFO through the farm and over several obstacles (barn, fence, crops, hay).
How to play Invasion of the Cow Snatchers
Here’s how to play Invasion of the Cow Snatchers :
- Pick a Challenge Card and set up your game board/grid as depicted on the card.
- Place plastic cover on game board/grid.
- Next, place your plastic UFO over the grid cover as shown on the Challenge Card.
- Maneuver your UFO through the farm, and over the various obstacles.
- Once you’ve snatched all cows, make your way to the red bull.
- If you accomplish this feat, you win!
Invasion of the Cow Snatchers features three levels of play: easy, super hard, and genius for a total of 60 challenges!
Do you love one-player games?
We do, too! Check out this post for more favorites:
Love logic games?
If so, you’ll enjoy this post:
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite one-player logic game right now? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Misunderstood: Embracing Wonderful and Wildly Unique Kiddos - November 18, 2019
- THiNK OUTSiDE BOXES: An Outdoor Homeschool Subscription - November 5, 2019
- How to Be A Happier Homeschool Mom with TeacherFit - October 17, 2019