This is Leo.
A couple of weeks ago we made Johnny Cakes (which are like pancakes) at my Native American homeschooling camp. You can find the recipe below.
How to make Johnny Cakes
WARNING: ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED
1 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon butter (you can use coconut butter if you are intolerant to dairy)
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of milk (or almond milk)
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl, except for syrup.
- Spoon batter onto a hot pan
- Press lightly
- When ready, flip using a spatula
- When ready, use a spatula to take off of the pan
- Cool and share
- Add syrup if you like it (And be sure to stay tuned for our maple sugaring post!!)
- How to Make Space for Mental Health in Your Homeschool - March 22, 2020
- Virtual Gameschooling: How to Play Games with Video Chat - March 20, 2020
- How to Make Your Own Worry Basket - March 19, 2020