This is Leo.
A couple of weeks ago we made Johnny Cakes (which are like pancakes) at my Native American homeschooling camp. You can find the recipe below.
How to make Johnny Cakes
WARNING: ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED
1 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon butter (you can use coconut butter if you are intolerant to dairy)
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of milk (or almond milk)
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl, except for syrup.
- Spoon batter onto a hot pan
- Press lightly
- When ready, flip using a spatula
- When ready, use a spatula to take off of the pan
- Cool and share
- Add syrup if you like it (And be sure to stay tuned for our maple sugaring post!!)
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- The Best Science Picture Books for Your Homeschool - January 25, 2020
- The Best Geography Picture Books for Your Homeschool - January 25, 2020
- The Best Books for Growing Readers in Your Homeschool - January 22, 2020