This is Leo.
A couple of weeks ago we made Johnny Cakes (which are like pancakes) at my Native American homeschooling camp. You can find the recipe below.
How to make Johnny Cakes
WARNING: ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED
1 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon butter (you can use coconut butter if you are intolerant to dairy)
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of milk (or almond milk)
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl, except for syrup.
- Spoon batter onto a hot pan
- Press lightly
- When ready, flip using a spatula
- When ready, use a spatula to take off of the pan
- Cool and share
- Add syrup if you like it (And be sure to stay tuned for our maple sugaring post!!)
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019
- Health and Human Anatomy in Your Homeschool - August 14, 2019