Our favorite way to homeschool is through carefully selected read alouds and educational games. I’ve learned that I can cover virtually any topic in this way. The learning and conversation that occurs while reading aloud and playing together can be incredible. Today, I am sharing our family’s favorite history games.
Inspire Learning with Fantastic History Games
Fantastic history games for your homeschool
Here are some of our family’s favorite history games. When you are finished reading this post, I’d love if you could share your family’s favorite history games in the comments! Let’s grow our game collection together.
Take your history gameplay to the next level with these related posts:
- Around the World Stories
- 5 Ways We Are Using Around the World Stories in Our Homeschool
- Best Geography Games
- Read Your Way Across the Globe
- Including World Folktales and Fables in Your Homeschool
- Discover the World Through Stories
- History Unboxed: Hands On History Fun
- 5 Election Books for Kids
- 6 Books for Teaching Map Skills
- Planning a U.S. Election Unit Study
- A Fun, Hands-On White House Lesson
- Pin It! Maps
Do you love games too?
Check out these related posts:
- How to Choose the Perfect Game
- Building Your Game Closet on a Budget
- Game Closet Organization
- Finding Time to Play
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling with Games
- How to Grow Gamers Using Amazing Gateway Games
- How to Enjoy Board Games With Toddlers Underfoot
- How to Enjoy Board Games with Kids Who Fight … And Still Have Fun
- Gameschooling: Learning Through Play
- 100 Games and Picture Books for Play-Based Learning
- Gameschool Resources
Are you looking to add more play to your homeschool day?
Sign up for our free 31-Day Gameschool Challenge. I’ll share my best tips, strategies, and resources for using educational games as learning tools. This is a wonderful way to add more fun to your homeschool and family routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Does your family have favorite history games? Share them here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Gameschool Voices: A Series of Personal Stories - May 21, 2018
- ‘Wicked Bugs’: A Great Way to Connect with Your Bug Lover - May 17, 2018
- Laser Chess: A Strategy Game for Logic Lovers - May 14, 2018