Hello, fellow gameschooler! Are you looking for gameschooling resources? Would you like to know the best science games for your homeschool? Well, you’ve come to the right place, that’s for sure!
Today, I am sharing the absolute best science games for your homeschool. I’ve also included top picks from my expert panel of gameschoolers. From board games to card games and so much more! So, if you are searching for your family’s new favorite science game, we’ve got you covered!
Gameschooling: The Best Science Games for Your Homeschool
Psst! If you enjoy this post, please be sure to check out the landing page with gameschooling resources listed by academic subject. You can find it here:
Introducing my expert gameschooling panel:
As a gameschool family, we play games daily. We consider games to be part of the curriculum and value the power of play. Today, I would like to introduce you to my expert gameschooling panel.
This expert gameschooling panel will be sharing their top picks for gameschooling science.
The 10-year-old’s favorite science game
This fella’s favorite science game is Totally Gross: The Game of Science. (Yes, this is the game that comes with the slime. It IS totally gross, but also educational!)
He says, “This game is hilarious! Plus, you learn science when you play.”
The 9-year-old’s favorite science game
My sweet girl’s favorite science game is Organ Attack. This funny, science-based card game is a new favorite in our home.
She said, “I like Organ Attack because it has organs in it and I love learning about the human body. It’s a fun game!”
The 7-year-old’s favorite science game
This little guy’s favorite science game is Periodic: A Game of the Elements. (We had the opportunity to play-test this one while it was on Kickstarter!)
He said, “I love learning about the periodic table and it was fun to test this game out.”
Gameschooling Science: The best science games for homeschooling
As an educator, I understand the importance of play. It is through play that children learn to interact with the world around them and with each other. Plus, you can focus on one particular academic subject and expand your children’s knowledge fund!
Here are some of our absolute favorite games for gameschooling science:
Are you looking for more homeschool science resources?
Be sure to check out this article:
Don’t miss our new holiday gameschooling series!
Let’s face it- When our children are super-excited for a certain holiday, not a ton of learning is happening, at least not in the traditional sense.
Our new Holiday Gameschooling series will help you through those holiday hiccups:
Are you looking for a gift for your favorite gameschooler?
Check out some of our favorites here:
- 100 Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love!
- 50+ Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love
- Gift Guides 2018 | My Little Poppies
- Sensory Processing Disorder Gift Guide
- 10 of the Best STEM Gifts
- 50+ Gifts for the Book Lover in Your Life
- 10 of the Best Nature Gifts for Kids
- How to Select the Best Educational Gifts for Your Children
- 10+ Math Gifts Your Kids Will Love!
- Top 10 Language Arts Gifts
- 10 of the Best History and Geography Gifts
- The Best Gifts to Inspire Art, Creativity, Play, and Imagination
- Here are 10 Gift-Worthy Books Your Kids Will Love
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Gameschooling 101: How to Homeschool with Fantastic Games
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Do love gameschooling science? What is your family’s favorite science game right now? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019
- Health and Human Anatomy in Your Homeschool - August 14, 2019