Hello, fellow gameschooler! Are you looking for gameschooling resources? Would you like to know the best math games for your homeschool? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my gameschooling friends!
Today, I am sharing the absolute best math games for your homeschool. I’ve also included top picks from my expert panel of gameschoolers. From card games to board games and so much more, we’ve got you covered!
Gameschooling: The Best Math Games for Your Homeschool
Psst! If you enjoy this post, please be sure to check out the landing page with gameschooling resources listed by academic subject. You can find it here:
Would you like to add more stealth learning (and FUN!) to your homeschool day?
Check out Lazy Unit Study 101, the e-course. I poured my heart and soul into this one, you guys. Homeschooling can be *almost* all fun and games, I promise!
Introducing my expert gameschooling panel:
As a gameschool family, we play games daily. We consider games to be part of the curriculum and value the power of play. Today, I would like to introduce you to my expert gameschooling panel.
This expert gameschooling panel will be sharing their top picks for gameschooling math.
The 10-year-old’s favorite math game
This fella’s favorite math game is Prime Climb. This is a game that I recommend often because it can grow with your family. We have been playing it for years.
He said, “Prime Climb is probably the best math game. You have to really think about your strategy and use all of the operations. The board graphics are really cool, too.”
The 9-year-old’s favorite math game
She said, “I like Check the Fridge because I like asking the other players for cards. The Stinky Cheese card is funny. If you like bluffing and card games, you might like this game!”
The 7-year-old’s favorite math game
This guy’s favorite math game is Countdown. This game has a special place in my gameschool heart because our neighbors gave it to us when I first started suddenly, unexpectedly homeschooling. It’s been played so many times!
He said, “I like Countdown because it has math and it’s pretty fun. I like rolling dice. If you love math, you would love this game.”
Would you like a free PDF of these Math Gameschool Resources?
Grab yours here:
Gameschooling Math: The best math games for homeschooling
Gameschooling math can be a homeschool game-changer! (See what I did there? Ha!)
Gameplay offers children a chance to practice and build skills in a no-pressure, non-judgmental way. If the game doesn’t go the way you wanted it to, you can start over and try again.
Does your kiddo cry over his math workbook? Guess what? There’s a game for that, and I can guarantee you’ll have fewer power struggles when you swap out the workbook for the game board.
Here are a few of our family’s favorite math games for homeschooling:
Are you looking for more resources for homeschooling math?
Be sure to check out this post:
Don’t miss our holiday gameschooling series!
Let’s face it- When our children are super-excited for a certain holiday, not a ton of learning is happening, at least not in the traditional sense.
Our new Holiday Gameschooling series will help you through those holiday hiccups:
Are you looking for a gift for your favorite gameschooler?
Check out some of our favorites here:
- 100 Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love!
- 50+ Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love
- Gift Guides 2018 | My Little Poppies
- Sensory Processing Disorder Gift Guide
- 10 of the Best STEM Gifts
- 50+ Gifts for the Book Lover in Your Life
- 10 of the Best Nature Gifts for Kids
- How to Select the Best Educational Gifts for Your Children
- 10+ Math Gifts Your Kids Will Love!
- Top 10 Language Arts Gifts
- 10 of the Best History and Geography Gifts
- The Best Gifts to Inspire Art, Creativity, Play, and Imagination
- Here are 10 Gift-Worthy Books Your Kids Will Love
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Gameschooling: The Ultimate Resource Page
- Academic Gameschooling: How to Homeschool with Amazing Games
- How to Gameschool Elective Subjects in Your Homeschool
- Gameschooling on a Budget: How to Play More without Breaking the Bank!
- Gameschool Challenges to Change Your Homeschool!
- Gameschool Basics: How to Get Started with Gameschooling
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What are your family’s favorite math games right now? Share here.
- How to Make Space for Mental Health in Your Homeschool - March 22, 2020
- Virtual Gameschooling: How to Play Games with Video Chat - March 20, 2020
- How to Make Your Own Worry Basket - March 19, 2020