Hello, fellow gameschooler! Are you looking for gameschooling resources? Would you like to know the best card games for your homeschool? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my gameschooling friends!
Today, I am sharing the absolute best card games for your homeschool. I’ve also included top picks from my expert panel of gameschoolers. So, if you are searching for your new favorite card game, we’ve got you covered!
Gameschooling: The Best Card Games for Your Homeschool
Psst! If you enjoy this post, please be sure to check out the landing page with gameschooling resources listed by academic subject. You can find it here:
Introducing my expert gameschooling panel:
As a gameschool family, we play games daily. We consider games to be part of the curriculum and value the power of play. Today, I would like to introduce you to my expert gameschooling panel.
This expert gameschooling panel will be sharing their top picks for the best homeschool card games.
The 10-year-old’s favorite card game
This fella’s favorite card game is Organ Attack.
The 9-year-old’s favorite card game
My sweet girl’s favorite card game is Go Nuts for Donuts.
The 7-year-old’s favorite card game
This little guy’s favorite card game is Dragonwood. He played it all summer long, poolside, with his friends.
He said, “I love Dragonwood because of the fantasy and mythical creatures. If you like fantasy, you’d like this game!”
Gameschooling: The best card games for homeschooling
Our gameschooling family loves card games. My kids always pack a few card games to play with Daddy when they take ski lessons and I’ll often bring a card game or two to play on the soccer sidelines.
Here are some of our absolute favorite gameschooling card games:
Don’t miss our new holiday gameschooling series!
Let’s face it- When our children are super-excited for a certain holiday, not a ton of learning is happening, at least not in the traditional sense.
Our new Holiday Gameschooling series will help you through those holiday hiccups:
Are you looking for a gift for your favorite gameschooler?
Check out some of our favorites here:
- 100 Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love!
- 50+ Educational Stocking Stuffers Your Kids Will Love
- Gift Guides 2018 | My Little Poppies
- Sensory Processing Disorder Gift Guide
- 10 of the Best STEM Gifts
- 50+ Gifts for the Book Lover in Your Life
- 10 of the Best Nature Gifts for Kids
- How to Select the Best Educational Gifts for Your Children
- 10+ Math Gifts Your Kids Will Love!
- Top 10 Language Arts Gifts
- 10 of the Best History and Geography Gifts
- The Best Gifts to Inspire Art, Creativity, Play, and Imagination
- Here are 10 Gift-Worthy Books Your Kids Will Love
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Gameschooling 101: How to Homeschool with Fantastic Games
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Do love gameschooling with card games? What is your family’s favorite card game right now? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019
- Health and Human Anatomy in Your Homeschool - August 14, 2019