UPDATE: This is an older post. To join the February 2019 Gameschool Challenge, please click here!
Years ago, before I even realized we were gameschoolers, I used board games to survive a long and painful winter. The post is dreadfully outdated and boring, but I’m sharing it here today because it was the beginning of a beautiful winter tradition.
Little did I know I had started our first-ever gameschool challenge.
I have always relied heavily on educational games for learning (and fun), but when we first started homeschooling I did not consider games to be a part of our curriculum.
Now, I do.
Our homeschool routine is based upon carefully selected, high-quality educational games and fantastic read-alouds. Some days, I cannot believe I get to play games and read books all day! (Some kids never grow up!)
Playing games with your kids offers a host of educational benefits, plus you build relationships and make memories. I am constantly amazed by the amount of learning that happens when I sit down to play educational board games with my children.
I am so excited to share our free 31-Day Gameschool Challenge with you today!
31-Day Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
Are you curious about using games in your homeschool? Do you want tips for teaching with educational board games? Do you think your children might enjoy play-based, experiential learning opportunities? Do you want to make homeschool more fun? Are you hoping to add more family game nights to your schedule in the new year? Well, our free 31-Day Gameschool Challenge is for you!
It doesn’t matter whether you play games daily or if you haven’t touched a deck of cards since you were 8-years-old. The only thing you need for this challenge is a desire to play more.
What you can expect from this 31-Day Gameschool Challenge
The 31-Day Gameschool Challenge starts now!
Are you ready?
Here are the basics:
- You will receive daily e-mails from me (one per day for 31-days)
- Each e-mail will focus on one aspect of gameschooling
- E-mails will include thoughtful gaming strategies and advice, specific recommendations, and helpful handouts
- I will provide you with daily mini-challenges and discussion questions
- I will walk you through the basics of gameschooling so that games can become an integral part of your family routine
- By the end of 31-days, your family will be having more fun, learning through play together, and making memories
What you will get:
- My best advice for adding more play to your day and learning with educational games
- Access to The My Little Poppies Gamelist, a free subscriber-only resource library.
- Personal support and encouragement in our private Facebook Group where we will chat about gameschooling and learning through play
- If you are joining the #GameschoolChallenge during our inaugural month (January 2017), you’ll want to keep reading because I have giveaway details below!
How much is it?
The Gameschool Challenge costs nothing. Nada! Zero! Zilch!
How to join the 31-Day Gameschool Challenge
- Register now for free
- Commit to playing more in 2017.Research shows that committing to friends and family about a new habit helps you to follow through and that is why I encourage you to make a public pledge to do 31-days of gameschooling by sharing this #GameschoolChallenge image on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, G+, or Pinterest!
- Watch for daily gameschooling tips, strategies, recommendations, discussion questions, and mini-challenges direct to your inbox!
- Get support and connect with other gameschoolers in our Gameschool Community.
- Share the fun with a friend! When it comes to play, the more the merrier! Our family has joined the My Little Poppies 2017 #GameschoolChallenge!Click To Tweet
To celebrate the Gameschool Challenge kick-off, we’ll be giving away…
I want to kick-off our inaugural month (January 2017) by offering weekly game giveaways. That’s right- every Friday during the month of January 2017, I’ll be giving away a game to challenge members (US residents only).
I’ll be adding giveaway details on our subscriber-only resource page, so be sure to sign up for the challenge!
Join the #GameschoolChallenge:
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
If you are joining us from Simple Homeschool (where I have a gameschooling post up today), welcome! Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite game to play? And what is the biggest obstacle when it comes to playing games as a family? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Homeschooling When Dad Works A Lot - April 22, 2019
- ‘What’s the Big Deal About First Ladies’ will Delight Your History Lover - April 15, 2019
- Homeschooling and Exercise: How to Make it Work - April 8, 2019