I love to pair fantastic books and fun activities with educational games.
Well, let me tell you- we have had so much fun with our Raddish Kids subscription and a new game from ThinkFun called Fold-It.
(Actually, Fold-It is not quite so new anymore. It was new when I got my hands on it, but I am only just now coming out of hibernation and dusting off my laptop.)
And, before you know it, it’s five months later and you still haven’t written about that game your kids love.
Today, I’m chatting about Fold-It, a fun, hands-on game for those who enjoy cooking, and those who are addicted to origami, and for those who love logic games, and those who are obsessed with all things ThinkFun, and…
Fold-It: A New Logic Game by ThinkFun
*Disclosure: I received Fold-It at no cost in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review and, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy. Our family adores ThinkFun.
This post is part of the Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
Fold-It: A New Logic Game by ThinkFun
I love when we stumble upon a unique game, and Fold-It is a perfect example! In this game, players are working at a restaurant. They are trying to fulfill orders as fast as possible. In order to do so, players must fold their recipe cloths in such a way that they depict only the items on that round’s order card.
Fold-It is recommended for ages 8 and up and can be played with two or more players.
- 4 recipe cloths
- 3 Fold-It tokens
- 12 star tokens
- 42 order cards (basic and advanced levels)
- Visual-spatial skills
The object of the game:
In Fold-It, the goal is to fulfill orders faster than all other players by folding your recipe cloth so that it shows only the items requested on the order card.
How to Play:
- Review the order card
- Fold your recipe cloth in such a way that it matches the items on the order card
- Fold your recipe cloth faster than other players
- The slowest player or those with incorrect answers lose one star token
- The last player with a star token wins the game
What did the kids think about Fold-It?
Fold-It was a huge hit in our home, especially with my boys. Both of my boys are obsessed with origami and this game definitely matched that interest well.
As I mentioned earlier, it is also a perfect game to pair with some cooking books or a Raddish kit or something fun to play after a family dinner.
If you like Fold-It…
You may enjoy these related articles:
- Logic Games for Your Homeschool
- Improve Quiet Time with Educational Logic Games
- Lunar Landing: A Zero-Gravity Logic Game!
- BackSpin: Delight Kids with Double-Sided Fun!
Do you love to cook with your kiddos?
Me, too. You might like these related articles:
- 10+ Books to Get Kids Excited About Cooking
- How to Enjoy Cooking With Children [When You Don’t Like to Cook]
- How My 6-Year-Old Taught Me to Love Cooking
Here is a podcast episode we recorded with Samantha Barnes, founder of Raddish Kids:
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Do you love SimplyFun games?
We do, too! In fact, we love them so much that I decided to become an official SimplyFun Playologist. If you want to check out more SimplyFun offerings, you can head over to my Playologist page.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite logic game right now? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Gameschool Voices: A Series of Personal Stories - May 21, 2018
- ‘Wicked Bugs’: A Great Way to Connect with Your Bug Lover - May 17, 2018
- Laser Chess: A Strategy Game for Logic Lovers - May 14, 2018