Today, I am sharing our favorite fall picture books.
We have been enjoying many of these titles and taking the read-alouds to the next level with hands-on play using our go-to play resource, Spielgaben.
When you are finished reading, I would love for you to leave a comment with your family’s favorite fall picture book. Let’s fill our library totes together!
Get Ready for Fall with Fantastic Picture Books and Hands-On Play
*Disclosure: We received a Spielgaben set at no cost in exchange for a review. We are honored to work with Spielgaben. This post is part of a monthly series featuring how we use Spielgaben in our homeschool. All thoughts and opinions are my own. You can read my review of Spielgaben here.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: incredible learning happens when you pair fantastic read-alouds and educational, hands-on activities.
(If you’ve had your eyes on Spielgaben, please keep reading. Spielgaben has a special offer for My Little Poppies readers at the end of this article!)
Our favorite fall picture books
Here are our favorite fall picture books. When you are finished reading this article, please leave a comment with your favorite!
Take your fall picture books to the next level with fantastic hands-on play
Our go-to resource for hands-on play has always been Spielgaben.
Our family enjoys the lessons that come with our Spielgaben set, and we use them often, but we also thoroughly enjoy free Spielgaben play.
It’s amazing to read a stack of delicious books, chat while reading, and then let the kids play with Spielgaben. Inevitably, book discussion abounds and book-based play ensues.
This is exactly what we have been doing with our favorite fall titles. We read a few, discuss, and then play with Spielgaben!
This week, it has been all pumpkins, fall leaves, fall colors, and apples!
… and of course, my Halloween-lovin’ kids couldn’t help but include a jack-o-lantern!
I just love the creativity that Spielgaben inspires over here!
Add nature study to your fall homeschool routine
I absolutely love to explore nature with my children… but I am terrible at planning nature-related activities, art, and readings. That’s why I was delighted when Kara introduced me to a super-fun, super-easy nature curriculum. That was years ago, and we are still using it regularly! Summer is the perfect time to check it out!
This nature study curriculum is a perfect addition to your summer routine. It is called Exploring Nature with Children: A Complete, Year-Long Curriculum.
It is super affordable and easy to use whether you are outdoors daily or just getting started. If you would like to learn more, you can read my full review:
Here’s a special offer for My Little Poppies readers…
Check out these related posts:
- Exploring Nature with Children & DIY Nature Explorer Packs!
- 5 + Nature Games for Your Homeschool
- Nature Lovers Will Adore This Jim Arnosky Author Study
- DIY Nature Explorer Pack
- Gardening Books and Resources for Your Little Nature Lover
Learn more about Spielgaben
The following articles will show you how we use Spielgaben in our homeschool:
- Using Spielgaben in Your Homeschool
- Create Your Own Fidget Factory Using Spielgaben
- Super-Simple Hands-On Flag Study
- Hands-On Animal Study with Spielgaben
- Study the Four Seasons with Books, Play, and Spielgaben
- A Simple World Monuments Study with Books, Games, and Spielgaben!
- How to Pair Amazing Christmas Play and Fantastic Books
- How to Make Snow Days Fun and Educational
- Challenge Kids to Get Creative with Awesome Homemade Games
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Play and an Incredible Book
- How to Make Read Alouds Memorable with Amazing Hands-On Play
- How to Celebrate July 4th with a Super-Simple Fireworks Study
- Bring Books to Life with this Hands-On Flower Study
- How to Make A Super-Simple, Super-Fun Rainbow Study
- Summer Picture Books and Hands-On Summer Play
You can follow Spielgaben on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.