Can we stop there for a second and talk about how expensive greeting cards have become? And, quite honestly, most of the time the greeting card doesn’t even say what I would say in real life.
Today, I have a simple but fun activity that combats this greeting-card-too-expensive-and-impersonal issue: DIY Marbleized Greeting Cards.
All you need is:
- Blank greeting cards or cardstock
- Shaving cream
- Cake tin
- Food coloring
DIY Marbleized Greeting Cards How-To
Here are the steps for this super-simple and fun project:
- Add shaving cream and food coloring to a cake tin.
- Stir!! (Be sure to wear smocks or old clothes that are already stained. Bonus for a mess tray to help keep the fun contained!)
- When the shaving cream has a marbleized appearance STOP. This part will be hard for the kids, who love to mix and get messy, but the cards will look better if you stop right there. If you go too far, simply add more of step one and repeat step two with more constraint.
- Gently press one side of the blank greeting card into the tray.
- Wipe the shaving cream off of the card. The marbleized pattern will remain!
- Let dry.
- Voila! You have some hand-made cards to share and fun family memories to keep forever!
Tell me folks: What fun DIY have you enjoyed lately? Share here! We all need to stock up on ideas because winter is coming!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- THiNK OUTSiDE BOXES: An Outdoor Homeschool Subscription - November 5, 2019
- How to Be A Happier Homeschool Mom with TeacherFit - October 17, 2019
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019