Have you guys heard of CTC Math? It is an online math curriculum for homeschoolers and my littlest guy loves it!
As a homeschooling mom to three little learners, I find it fascinating to watch as my children grow and develop interests and passions. Each child is so different! Take, for example, my youngest guy. He will be five in September and he is obsessed with numbers and mathematics. At this age, his older brother and sister were far more interested in reading than mathematics but this little fella just can’t get enough numbers! He sees math everywhere and it’s amazing to watch.
He often creates his very own “math homework” – homework has never been so fun!
Lately, the little guy has been asking to “do math” on the computer. He watches his older brother and sister complete their math assignments and he wants to do his own.
And that’s where CTC Math comes in.
CTC MATH: Online Math Curriculum for Homeschoolers
* Disclosure: I received access to CTC Math at no cost and was compensated for my time to write a review. I was not required to write a positive review and, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy.
When I was given the opportunity to review CTC Math, an online math curriculum for grade k-12, I jumped at the chance. What better way to offer my little buddy the “math homework” he craved while also exploring a learning program I had heard good things about? That’s a win-win, you guys!
CTC Math: Online Math Curriculum for Homeschoolers
CTC Math is an online subscription math service for grades k-12. CTC Math was founded by Patrick Murray who has over twenty years teaching experience, plus he has ten children of his own.
When you sign up for a CTC Math membership, you are given access to all material for grades K-12. Each grade has several areas of focus which are referred to as “streams” and each stream contains multiple lessons. You can see a kindergarten example here:
With CTC Math, students begin each lesson by watching a tutorial. Each tutorial is approximately 4-9 minutes in length and is accompanied by animation. Here is an example:
Then, students move on to an interactive lesson, or alternatively a printable worksheet. The interactive lesson provides the student with immediate feedback. If the student is having difficulty, it is easy to return to the tutorial and watch it again.
CTC Math also offers examinations which you can use as pre-tests, post-tests, or as documentation for your homeschool portfolio. And, if you are not interested in testing right now, you can avoid them altogether.
CTC Math is flexible as it provides access to all grade levels. This means that if you have a gifted learner, you are free to move ahead with ease. You can skip what you already know or even dabble in something well above grade-level just for fun. Also, if you have a child who struggles with math, you can stay on one topic for as long as you’d like. You can replay and practice previously learned concepts with ease.
CTC Math offers fantastic tracking. Parents receive weekly summary reports to their inbox detailing student activity and performance.
CTC Math also incorporates games. Here is one such example which focuses on those oft-dreaded times tables!
CTC Math is affordable, with flexible payment options. Families can choose to pay monthly, every 6-months, or annually. There is also a single-student plan and a family plan. With family plans, each child receives a unique login and family accounts can be used for up to 10 children.
Do you want to add more awesome math resources to your homeschool day?
What this homeschool mom likes about CTC Math
My three children (ages 4, 6, and 8) have been using CTC Math for the past several months with great success.
Here are just a few things I love about CTC Math:
- The program is extremely flexible and you can really make it your own. My oldest uses CTC Math purely for fun. He bounces around from grade level to grade level and has a ton of fun in the process. My 6-year-old uses it as a supplement to her beloved workbooks. She has enjoyed exploring kindergarten, first, and second grade levels. Meanwhile, my youngest is very happily using CTC Math as his primary math program. He delights in the video tutorials and loves to work on math independently.
- CTC Math offers wonderful tracking. If you are someone who worries about educational gaps, this program will put your mind at ease. CTC Math offers detailed tracking and optional testing. Every week, I receive an e-mail that details the weekly activity and performance summary for each of my three children.
- CTC Math is easy to use. I had no difficulty using the program, nor did my three children (ages 8, 6, and 4).
- CTC is affordable and a great choice for families with multiple children. Online learning can be pricey and CTC Math is affordable, especially for families with multiple children!
What did the little guy think about CTC Math?
All three of my children have enjoyed learning with CTC Math, but my youngest was over-the-moon to finally have “math homework”!
Here is a quick clip of my little buddy using CTC Math:
And here he is, explaining what he loves about the program:
Are you interested in a CTC Math Membership for your children?
CTC Math is giving away a 12-month family membership to five winners. You can enter here:
Be sure to follow CTC Math
Are you looking for other math resources?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Do you incorporate online learning in your homeschool? If so, in what way? Share here!
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- How to Keep Kids Busy and Happy While You Read Aloud - February 7, 2020
- The Best Reference Books for Your Homeschool - January 30, 2020
- The Best History Picture Books for Your Homeschool - January 30, 2020