I have two words for you today: Christmas Extravaganza.
Sounds fun right? It is! It is a Christmas art course that is super easy to follow and calming.
And we need some calm around here because oh my word homeschooling through the holidays can be tricky.
The energy is high.
The desire to do any formal homeschooling is low.
And I typically save the art for late in the day. That time we mothers refer to as The Witching Hour.
Because art calms my kids down. And it calms me down, too.
Today, I’m sharing an art course that we recently enjoyed. Just in case you need a holiday homeschooling plan, too!
This Awesome Christmas Extravaganza Christmas Art Course Will Delight Little Artists
*Disclosure: I received access to this course at no cost. I was not required to write a review, but I love to share fun resources. We return to these courses time and time again. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
First, before we get started, I wanted to let you know about the You Are An Artist Clubhouse!
We are in love with this membership site!
The You Are An Artist Clubhouse Annual Membership
We *love* Nana and her Chalk Pastel tutorials. Now, Nana has created an entire clubhouse for artists!
The Clubhouse annual membership includes:
- Instant access to oodles of video art tutorials
- A new art course added monthly
- A new art lesson each week
- … and Chalk Pastels at the Movies
You can read more or sign-up here.
And now back to the Christmas Extravaganza course…
Christmas Extravaganza: A Christmas Art Course Using Chalk Pastels
When I heard that ChalkPastel.com was adding Christmas video courses, I had to check them out.
The wonderful fun thing about chalk pastels is that you do not need any artistic ability. They are easy to use and non-intimidating.
What is included in the ‘Christmas Extravaganza’ Chalk Pastel Christmas Art Course?
All video art courses from ChalkPastel.com include the following:
- In each lesson, Nana leads through the process, step-by-step.
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing artwork and asking questions.
The videos can be viewed on any device and you receive lifetime access to the course.
Christmas Extravaganza course includes the following video art course tutorials:
- Away in a Manger
- Winter Fun
- Gingerbread Man and Holly
- Christmas Angel
- What’s Under Your Christmas Tree?
- Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Tree
- Christmas Lights
- Clara and the Tree
- Sugar Plum Fairy
- Chinese Tea Dance
- Mouse King
You can learn more by visiting ChalkPastels.com.
These chalk pastel video tutorials go perfectly with SQUILT!
Want to add more joy to your homeschool?
Love Chalk Pastels?
This is not our first venture into the world of chalk pastels. We also love these courses:
- Shark Week in Your Homeschool
- The Olympics in Your Homeschool
- A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels
- Art in Space Video Tutorial
- Bird Chalk Pastel Video Course
- Christmas Extravaganza Chalk Pastel Tutorial
Looking for more Christmas fun?
You won’t want to miss our super-simple, super-fun Grinchy Dough! Grab your recipe here:
Looking for more holiday learning ideas?
- The Best Christmas Books for Your Homeschool
- How to Make Christmas Eve Magical, Fun, and Educational
- SQUILT Makes Music Appreciation Incredibly Fun Yet Super Simple
- Study Christmas Carols with SQUILT
- Christmas, Under Construction: Finding Joy in Chaos
- How to Make Your Own Holiday Playdough (Grinchy-Dough)
- Why I Let My Kids Watch Holiday Specials Before Thanksgiving
- Savvy Kid? Check Out These Elf on the Shelf Alternatives
- Study the Four Seasons with Books, Play, and Spielgaben
- Learn to Say”No” This Holiday Season
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- The Best Art Books for Children
- Easy Outdoor Art
- The Best Art and Music Games for Your Homeschool
- Ignite Creativity with Online Art Lessons
- Homeschool Art Lessons Keep Little Artists Happy
- Celebrate Summer Mixed Media Workshop
- Fuel Creativity and Learning Through Art
- Get Ready for Summer with this Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course
- ‘Playful Pet Portraits’ Course Will Delight Animal Lovers
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What does holiday homeschooling look like for you? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- 3 Bold Moves to Shake Up Your Homeschool Today! - January 21, 2019
- ‘Sarabella’s Thinking Cap’ is a Story for Little Kids Who Dream Big - January 20, 2019
- The Best Gameschooling Resources for Under $25 - January 18, 2019