I have had my eyes on Cat Crimes for months, you guys.
I just love a one-player logic game, and I have three cat lovers in the house. Unfortunately for my kiddos, several of us are allergic to real-life cats and so I figured this game would be a purrfect substitute!
(That and plenty of visits to the local cat shelter, followed by showers and Benadryl!)
Cat Crimes: A Purrfect Logic Game for Cat Lovers
*Disclosure: I received Cat Crimes at no cost in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review and, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy. Our family adores ThinkFun.
This post is part of the Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
Cat Crimes by ThinkFun
This one-player game is perfect for cat lovers young and old. A real whodunit that is sure to delight folks of all ages!
Cat Crimes is a one-player logic game recommended for ages 8 and up.
- 6 cat characters
- 6 crime tokens
- 40 challenge cards (beginner, intermediate, and advanced)
- Game board
The object of the game:
The object of Cat Crimes is to determine which kitty cat sat where when a particular crime happened. From tangled yarn to spilled coffee to broken vases to damaged shoes to a missing bird… you’ll need to use attention to detail and problem-solving skills to determine which feline was in which location!
How to Play:
- Select a challenge card
- Place the appropriate crime token on the game board
- Read the challenge card and use the clues provided to determine which kitty sat where on the playing board
- Did you place the appropriate cat in front of the crime token? Flip your card over to see the answer. If so, you win!
What did the kids think about Cat Crimes?
My kiddos gave Cat Crimes six enthusiastic thumbs up. They love all of ThinkFun’s one-player logic games but this one, with its hilarious cast of characters, has been played with nonstop since its arrival on our doorstep.
(And, truth be told, it fueled a few catfights as well! Our family is not immune to sibling squabbles over board games, you guys!)
If you like Cat Crimes…
You may enjoy these related articles:
- Logic Games for Your Homeschool
- Improve Quiet Time with Educational Logic Games
- Lunar Landing: A Zero-Gravity Logic Game!
- BackSpin: Delight Kids with Double-Sided Fun!
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- 100+ Fantastic Gameschooling Resources for Amazing Play
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Do you love SimplyFun games?
We do, too! In fact, we love them so much that I decided to become an official SimplyFun Playologist. If you want to check out more SimplyFun offerings, you can head over to my Playologist page.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite logic game right now? Share here.
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- How to Keep Kids Busy and Happy While You Read Aloud - February 7, 2020
- The Best Reference Books for Your Homeschool - January 30, 2020
- The Best History Picture Books for Your Homeschool - January 30, 2020