Today, I am sharing the best books for growing readers in your homeschool.
Learning to read is a skill and, like all skills, it requires hard work and heaps of practice in order to become proficient.
In order for kids to want to put all that time and effort into reading, we need to provide them with oodles of positive early reading experiences. If reading is pleasurable, they are going to want to learn how to do it themselves.
Today, I am sharing my favorite resources for growing readers. When you’ve finished reading, leave me a comment with your best tips and tricks!
The Best Books for Growing Readers in Your Homeschool
My children are currently 11, 10, and 8-years-old. I’m happy to report that they love books every bit as much as their mama does!
They never leave home without a book tucked under their little arms. The wake up reading and fall asleep with a book in their hands.
So, how did it happen? How does one grow a reader?
These books help!
The best books for growing readers in your homeschool
If you need more resources, check out our Amazon storefront:
- Books for Raising Readers (And Much, Much More) | MLP Amazon Storefront
More resources for raising readers:
- How to Homeschool Little Ones (Without the Overwhelm)
- The Best Books for the Early Years | The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
- Reading Aloud Through Interruptions | The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
- Read-Aloud Revival
Tips for making your read-alouds even better:
- Easy Ways to Foster Early Literacy At Home
- How to Promote Literacy During Quiet Time
- A Tale of Three Readers
- Make Every Day D.E.A.R. Day with Coffee and Books!
- Rock Your Read Alouds with This Simple Trick
- How to Boost Your Child’s Read-Aloud Confidence
- When Your Read Aloud Routine is in a Rut
- What to Do When Bedtime Reading is Giving You the Blues
- Fight Grumpiness with One-on-One Reading
Take your homeschool read-alouds to the next level:
I offer a free 5-day Coffee and Books email series. This simple homeschool tradition was unplanned and it’s oh-so-simple. Sometimes, the best ideas are the simplest ones!
Read more about Coffee and Books here:
Join Coffee and Books here:
I have a vibrant group of readers on Facebook!
Join the Virtual Family Book Club at My Little Poppies: