Are you looking for a simple summer learning activity? Would you love to find a fun way for your children to learn about art this summer? If so, I have some fun news for you.
One of our family’s favorite homeschool resources, Around the World Stories, has come out with a brand-new story pack featuring famous artists!
Artists Around the World: A New Series from Around the World Stories
*Disclosure: I received access to Artists Around the World in exchange for a review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share resources that I would use with my own family and ones that I believe other families will enjoy and our family loves Around the World Stories.
Artists Around the World is the perfect summer learning activity for children ages 5 to 12. Keep your children happy, engaged, and learning with these original audio stories.
The Artists Around the World pack features six stories about famous artists. In these tales, children will join Davy and Marigold as they travel back in time and meet some of history’s most famous artists. Plus, each story comes with a parent guide filled with oodles of activity ideas, discussion topics, background information about the artist, and much, much more.
I love when I discover a fantastic summer learning opportunity!
Artists Around the World is perfect for summer learning!
Around the World Stories is now offering a new series. It is called Artists Around the World and it is absolutely perfect for summer learning!
With this series, your kids will join Davy and Marigold as they meet Monet in his gardens, convince Van Gogh to not become a baker, go on a treasure hunt with Picasso, and so much more!
Artists Around the World includes the following six stories:
- The Vanishing Sunflowers (Vincent Van Gogh)
- The Way to the Water Lilies (Claude Monet)
- With Different Eyes (Pablo Picasso)
- The Blue Rider (Wassily Kandinsky)
- The Impossible Painting (Michelangelo)
- The Desert of Inspiration (Georgia O’Keeffe)
And just like the other audio stories from Around the World Stories, each Artist Around the World story comes with a parent guide. These guides go along with each story and include a story summary, discussion questions, recipes, activity ideas, background information on the artist, and more.
Artists Around the World (6 artist stories) is now available for $19.95 from Around the World Stories.
Learn more about Around the World Stories
Around the World Stories is a monthly subscription service that delivers original, high-quality stories to your inbox.
- These 30-minute stories are recommended for children ages 5-12.
- Stories can be streamed from any device connected to the internet or downloaded for offline listening.
- Stories draw young listeners into the fun adventures of children from other cultures and countries, bringing to life how the world’s children live, play, eat, think, and learn.
- Each story comes with a parent guide featuring discussion points, background information, and activities to make the story a memorable and educational experience.
Subscribe to Around the World Stories
The following subscription offerings are currently available:
- Europe stories (52 stories) available for $99.00
With this option, families receive all 52 Europe stories directly to their inbox. With this option, families can listen to the stories in the order and at the speed they prefer.
- Europe stories (story a week) available for $9.99 a month
With this option, families will receive one of the 52 Europe stories each week into your story library, with a new country featured every four weeks.
Be sure to follow Around the World Stories
Take your Around the World Stories to the next level with these resources
Around the World Stories is one of my favorite homeschool resources. I use Around the World Stories in many different ways, and I especially love to pair the stories with the following resources:
Do you love art?
So do we! These articles would be a nice complement to Artists Around the World :
- The Best Art Books for Children
- Easy Outdoor Art
- The Best Art and Music Games for Your Homeschool
- Get Ready for Summer with this Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course
- Celebrate Summer Mixed Media Workshop
- Ignite Creativity with Online Art Lessons
- Homeschool Art Lessons Keep Little Artists Happy
- Fuel Creativity and Learning Through Art
Here are two of our family’s favorite hands-on online art resources
Today, I am sharing two of our family’s favorite online art resources. If you’ve followed our site for any length of time, you’ve heard me gush about both of these resources before… and with good reason!
1. Masterpiece Society Studio
I’m not at all surprised, but my kiddos are *loving* this membership site.
My oldest was sick as a dog on Valentine’s Day. Everyone was grouchy (self-included) and feeling a little crummy that our day didn’t go as planned.
Thankfully, we had access to amazing art lessons and they saved the day.
2. The You Are An Artist Clubhouse Annual Membership
We *love* Nana and her Chalk Pastel tutorials. Now, Nana has created an entire clubhouse for artists!
The Clubhouse annual membership includes:
- Instant access to oodles of video art tutorials
- A new art course added monthly
- A new art lesson each week
- … and Chalk Pastels at the Movies
You can read more or sign-up here.
Are you looking for more ways to discover the world through stories?
Check out these related posts:
- Read Your Way Across the Globe
- Making Space for Storytelling in Your Homeschool
- 6 Books for Teaching Map Skills
- Including World Folktales and Fables in Your Homeschool
- Books for Kids Who Want to Save the World
- 10 Things You Can Do To Help the WORLD
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: Do you have a favorite summer learning resource? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, Scary Mommy, GeekMom, and many others. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mystic Market: A Strategic Economic Game for Potterheads! - August 17, 2019
- Invasion of the Cow Snatchers: A Magnetic Logic Game - August 17, 2019
- Health and Human Anatomy in Your Homeschool - August 14, 2019