Parenting a gifted or twice-exceptional child can be a challenge. I wouldn’t change our journey for the world, but parenting and educating our PG/2E son has been one of our life’s greatest challenges. I have learned so much from him and I always tell folks that he is my wisest teacher.
If you are new to the gifted/2E parenting journey, welcome! Hang on to your hat, because you are in for one wild ride! Today, I’m sharing some of my favorite gifted resources and I hope that they help you on this journey.
40+ Sites To Bookmark if Your Child is Gifted
Here are some of my absolute favorite gifted sites, from web pages to support groups, to blogs written by parents and educators. I am hoping I didn’t miss anyone. Feel free to add your favorites in the comments so that we can grow our communities!
I am eternally grateful for the following websites. They were instrumental early on, when we were first learning about giftedness, but they continue to be sources of resources and comfort.
- Davidson Institute
- Gifted Homeschoolers Forum
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page
- National Association of Gifted Children
- PG Retreat
- Raising Poppies
- The TAGFAM Project: Families of Talented and Gifted
Parenting and educating gifted children can be a lonely venture. I always say to my gifted friends, “What did folks do before the internet!?” Thankfully, nowadays we have a gifted world right at our fingertips! Here are some of my favorite gifted blogs.
- My Little Poppies
- Atlas Educational
- Crushing Tall Poppies
- Eclectic Homeschooling
- Empowering Parents To Teach
- Everyday Learning
- Gifted Challenges
- Gifted Parenting Support
- Gifted Unschooling
- Gluten-Free Mum
- Great Peace Academy
- Hoagies’ Nibbles and Bits
- Houseful of Chaos
- Incredible Journey of Giftedness
- Jade Ann Rivera
- Laughing at Chaos
- Life With Intensity
- Lemon Lime Adventures
- Our Journey Westward
- Planet Smarty Pants
- Raising Lifelong Learners
- Red, White, and Grew
- Sallie Borink Learning
- Sceleratus Classical Academy
- Sprite’s Site
- STEAM Powered Classroom
- Supporting Gifted Learners
- The Cardinal House
- The Learning Lab
- Through a Stronger Lens
- Unschool Rules
- Up Parenting Creek
- We Are All Mad Here: Homeschooling Hatters
- Wenda Sheard, J.D. Ph.D. Thoughts on Life and Learning
- Your Rainforest Mind
Readers favorite My Little Poppies Gifted/2E Posts:
Here are your favorite MLP posts on all things gifted and twice-exceptional. Did I miss one of your favorites here?
Wondering if your child is gifted/2e?
What do you think? Did I miss anyone? Share your favorite resource here!
- Homeschooling When Dad Works A Lot - March 5, 2021
- Why my Teen Loves this Online College and Career Readiness Course with Mr. D Math - February 24, 2021
- The Best Nature Study Resources for Your Homeschool - February 19, 2021