Oh my goodness, folks! We have had the most amazing week of art and creativity. Don’t you just love weeks like that? Everyone is calmer and happier after having the chance to get creative!
But first… the back story.
Have you seen those 3D printers? Have you ever tried one? I’ve been fascinated by them for a while but haven’t had a chance to use one myself. They are just way too expensive right now!
Well, did you know that they make 3D drawing pens? Did you know that you can create your own three-dimensional art in minutes using a pen??
Folks, I’m about to tell you about the AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen.
Unleash Creativity Using A 3D Drawing Pen
*Disclosure: I received the AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen at no cost and was paid for my time to write a review. I was not required to write a positive review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only share products that I would use with my own family and that I think other families would enjoy.
My little crew was overjoyed to get their hands on the AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen, folks! This was a highly anticipated item and I have to admit, I was just as excited as the kids!
This is what is included with the pen:
What is a 3D Drawing Pen?
The AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen enables you to create three-dimensional art in mid-air.
The pen is simple to put together. You can start creating within seconds of opening the package. It does take a little while to get used to the feel of the pen, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun! I would recommend starting off with super-small projects so that you don’t waste your ink early on.
Once you put in the batteries and install the ink cartridge, all you need to do is to squeeze and ink comes out. We first created a base of ink and then turned on the light. The light on the pen cures the ink into hard plastic.
It’s mesmerizing to watch.
Using a 3D Drawing Pen in Your Homeschool
In my opinion, one of the biggest homeschool perks is the fact that we can make space for the arts each day. Our family loves to spend time creating together. At the very least, we try to doodle each day!
There are so many ways that you could use this pen in your homeschool.
Obviously, you could use it for art projects:
Or, you could incorporate a little STEM and create a building:
Can you make something that can move?
Or, go on a hike and then follow-up by recreating nature:
Or, you could create a model of something from a book that you are currently reading!
My 7-year-old is far better at the AtmosFlare than I am. Art is his thing. And, let me tell you- the AtmosFlare has been a great motivator over here. He’s finishing his daily must-dos in record speed because he can’t wait to get his hands on the pen!
Tips for Using Your 3D Drawing Pen
- Head over to AtmosFlare and watch all instructional videos with your children before using the pen.
- Build an ink base first before turning on the light.
- Don’t look at the lights, folks. It’s bad for your eyes.
- The AtmosFlare instructions state that the pen meets global safety standards, but please avoid contact with skin, eyes, and do not ingest. Adult supervision is recommended.
- Do not use the pen on a bright surface. We used art trays with a sheet of wax paper so that we could easily remove our designs once they were dry.
- Be patient!! It can take a little while to get used to the feel of the pen. Go slowly and enjoy the process!
- Have a paperclip on hand in case the ink jams, or use one of the extra tips included to remove the blockage.
- Start small. While you are getting used to the pen, work on small-scale projects to conserve ink for when you’ve got the hang of it.
- Keep wipes handy. The creations initially have a gummy feel to them. It will get on your fingers and it’s sticky. Baby wipes help those kiddos who have sensory sensitivities!
- Check your perfectionism at the door, folks. What you imagine in your mind and what you actually create may be two different things, but the process is still fascinating and fun!
- Some projects take a while to dry. We put them outdoors in the sun and this helped quite a bit.
- Most importantly, have fun! Smile! Enjoy being creative and sharing such a neat experience with your children!
- Wash hands thoroughly when finished.
Do You Want Your Own AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen?
You can purchase your very own AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen through the AtmosFlare website and Toys R Us. The AtmosFlare 3D Drawing Pen is available for $29.99. Replacement ink cartridges are available in a wide array of colors for $5.99 each. Or, you can keep reading to find out about a giveaway!
Enter to Win Your Very Own 3D Drawing Pen!
AtmosFlare is giving away 3D pens to thirty lucky winners. Enter to win your own pen by filling out the entry form below:
Instagram Challenge- Happening Now!
If you follow us on Instagram, you’ve already seen some of the fun creations we’ve made with our AtmosFlare 3D pen, like this one right here:
We are currently participating in a super-fun #ihsnet Instagram challenge, from February 22 to March 6, 2016! I encourage you to follow along and participate in the challenge- it’s fascinating to see what others have created!