The Painted Turtle Mystery:
This is Leo. The other day when we were hiking we found a half-eaten painted turtle.
It was really cool and I wanted to save it for a treasure but my parents said it would get smelly so we threw it over our fence after a while.
Our theories about what ate it are:
1. A heron (we were in a marsh where there were a lot of heron nests)
2. A raccoon (we live in NH and there are a lot of raccoons)
3. A fox (there are a lot of foxes here)
We really want to know what happened to this turtle. What are YOUR theories? Please share them here!!
Thanks for reading!
PS. Click here to learn how to make your own DIY NATURE EXPLORER PACK!
Follow Cait Fitz @ My Little Poppies’s board Kids & Nature on Pinterest.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mad Libs The Game: Laughter Guaranteed! - July 20, 2017
- Artists Around the World: A New Series from Around the World Stories - July 17, 2017
- The Perfect Game for Kids Who Love the Solar System! - July 13, 2017