I am a huge fan of play-based learning, and the STEM gifts that I am sharing today are sure to delight your children! When you play alongside your children, you create memories and fuel learning in a low-key, non-judgmental way. Play allows for stealth learning at its best! These gifts are fun and they won’t break the bank!
10 of the Best Science and STEM Gifts: Affordable and Fun
I have grouped these gifts into three different categories to make searching easier for you. First, I have listed some of our family’s favorite STEM activities and games. Next, I’ve listed some of our family’s favorite STEM picture and story books. Finally, I have linked to our readers’ favorite STEM posts so that you can take the learning to the next level.
Our Favorite Science And STEM Gifts: Activities
Keep your little scientist happy with these fantastic science and STEM gifts. I’d like to highlight our portable microscopes and binoculars– these are two hits in our home. Each child has his or her own and we’ve had them for years. We rarely hike without one or the other! Another great idea would be a subscription to Groovy Lab in a Box– it’s a gift that keeps on giving! Another wonderful way to include science in your home is to enjoy what I call TUB STEM. I’ve included these amazing bath toys below.
Our Favorite Science and STEM Gifts: Books
It wouldn’t be a My Little Poppies post without oodles of book recommendations, would it? Here are a few of our family’s favorites:
Looking for ways to use these STEM gifts?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- 100 Games and Picture Books for Play-Based Learning
- Our Five Dollar Tinker Kit
- STEM Resources for the Whole Family
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
- 15+ Superb Books for Young Scientists
- Teaching Kids to Code
- Homeschool Science in the Early Years: 5 Ways to Keep it Fun!
- If You Read Your Kids a Math Book…
- 10+ Math Picture Books Your Kids Will Love
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 6 Amazing Math Games
- Fairy House STEM
- Forts: The Original STEM Challenge
Are you searching for gift ideas?
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your favorite STEM gift to give? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Coffee and Books: Select Titles from November 2017, Organized by Subject - November 21, 2017
- Here are 10 Gift-Worthy Books Your Kids Will Love - November 20, 2017
- Learn to Say “No” This Holiday Season - November 17, 2017