Oh my word, you guys. We have had the longest stretch of cold, gray, rainy days.
At first, my kids delighted in the rain. They donned rain boots and puddle hopped, searched for worms, and played with mud.
But, after a while, the rain got old.
They still went outside, but they didn’t stay out for long. They would return to the kitchen, soggy and crabby, and announce:
What can I do? I’m BORED.
Truth be told, I think boredom is good for kids. My children are their most creative moments after whining about boredom.
But the thing is, I have less tolerance for whining about boredom when we have had a stretch of 9,452 rainy days. (Okay, it hasn’t been that long, but it sure feels like it!)
On these days, I like to have an emergency plan. And, in our world, that plan often involves art.
Because art calms my kids down. It calms me down, too.
Today, I’m sharing an art course that we recently enjoyed. Just in case you need an emergency plan too!
Get Ready for Summer with this Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course
*Disclosure: I received access to this course at no cost. I was not required to write a review, but I love to share fun resources. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course
When I heard that ChalkPastel.com was adding video courses, I had to check them out.
In the past, we have enjoyed the Chalk Pastel ebooks. They have created chalk pastel sharks, space art, and even Olympics-themed chalk pastel art!
The fun thing about chalk pastels is that you do not need any artistic ability. They are easy to use and non-intimidating.
My children loved the new Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course from ChalkPastel.com!
What is included in the Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course?
All video art courses from ChalkPastel.com include the following:
- In each lesson, Nana leads through the process, step-by-step.
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing artwork and asking questions.
The videos can be viewed on any device and you receive lifetime access to the course.
Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course includes the following nine video art course tutorials:
- Sand Castle
- Sea Turtle
- Clown Fish
- Sand Bucket
- Night Shark
- Undersea World
The Seashore Chalk Pastel Video Art Course is not the only video course offered by ChalkPastel.com
Other offerings include:
- Spring Video Art Course with 9 spring art tutorials
- Easter Video Art Course with 9 tutorials to celebrate the season
- Art in Space Video Art Course Bundle
- Solar System Video Art Course
- Space Exploration Video Art Course
- Birds Video Art Course
- Preschool Basics Art Lessons Course
In addition, you can sign up for a year-long or semester-long course in A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels. The full course includes 45 video art tutorials and the semester courses include 20 courses each.
You can learn more by visiting ChalkPastels.com.
Love Chalk Pastels?
This is not our first venture into the world of chalk pastels. We also love these courses:
Looking for another summer-themed art course?
My children also enjoyed this Celebrate Summer Mixed Media Workshop:
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- The Best Art Books for Children
- Easy Outdoor Art
- The Best Art and Music Games for Your Homeschool
- Ignite Creativity with Online Art Lessons
- Homeschool Art Lessons Keep Little Artists Happy
- Fuel Creativity and Learning Through Art
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What does art look like in your homeschool? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- 100 Games and Picture Books for Play-Based Learning - October 20, 2017
- 10 of the Best Math Gifts: Affordable and Fun - October 18, 2017
- Coffee and Books: Select Titles from Fall 2017, Organized by Subject - October 16, 2017