Did you love Mad Libs as a kid? I’m raising my hand.
And, if we’re being honest here, I love them as much now as I did back then!
So, when I heard that there is a Mad Libs The Game, I had to check it out.
Mad Libs The Game: Laughter Guaranteed!
This post is part of my Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews. Slowly but surely, I am making my way through our game closet and sharing our thoughts. Stay tuned for more posts in this series!
Your kids will love this Mad Libs Game
Mad Libs The Game is hilarious! The game is recommended for 3-8 players. The game is easy to setup and explain, and fun to play.
- Shuffle the deck of Word Cards and deal 7 to each player and then place the deck in the center of the table.
- Shuffle the deck of Sentence Cards and place the deck in the middle of the playing space, near the deck of Word Cards.
How to play:
Mad Libs The Game involves a series of rounds.
Each round consists of the following:
- Reveal a Sentence Card
- Each player chooses a Word Card from their hand to fit the Sentence Card
- Read the sentences
- Vote by pointing
- Award points
- Draw hands back to seven cards
- Repeat until there is a winner
The game continues until one player earns three points and wins the game.
Learn while you laugh with The Mad Libs Game
I love stealth learning and Mad Libs has always been one of my go-to stealth learning strategies. Yes, your kids will act like little goofs. Yes, they will use potty humor.
But… they will be learning while they are laughing!
Are you looking for other fun gameschool resources that work on language arts, reading, and writing?
Be sure to read this related article:
Or, maybe you are just looking for more games to make kids giggle…
If so, this article is for you:
Do you love games and gameschooling?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- Growing List of My Little Poppies Game Reviews
- Ultimate Gamelist: A Free Library of Gameschool Resources
- Gameschool Challenge: Add More Play To Your Day!
- Ultimate Guide to Family Games
- 100 Picture Books and Games for Play-Based Learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful Family Game Night
- Top Educational One-Player Games
- 10+ Amazing Math Games for Your Homeschool
- 10+ Science Games for Your Homeschool
Do you want to see our gameschool in action?
Be sure to follow My Little Poppies because we share snapshots of gameschooling moments… and heaps of incredible books!
You are also invited to join the My Little Poppies Gameschool Community, a private Facebook Group for parents who wish to add more play to their family and/or homeschool routine.
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your family’s favorite game right now? Share here.
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- 10 of the Best Math Gifts: Affordable and Fun - October 18, 2017
- Coffee and Books: Select Titles from Fall 2017, Organized by Subject - October 16, 2017
- 10 of the Best Language Arts Gifts: Affordable and Fun - October 16, 2017