When you play alongside your children, you create memories and fuel learning in a low-key, non-judgmental way. There are no red marks, no corrections- only fun! I thought it would be fun to share a few history and geography gifts so that you can incorporate stealth learning into your homeschool routine.
10 of the Best History and Geography Gifts: Affordable and Fun
Today, I’m sharing ten of the best history and geography gifts. These gifts are fun and they won’t break the bank!
Favorite History and Geography Gifts
This year, our family has fallen in love with Around the World Stories. I cannot recommend these stories highly enough. While eating lunch, or snuggled on the couch, we have traveled the globe and learned so much in the process! I’ve also included three of our favorite DVD collections: Kids’ Animated History with Pipo, Liberty’s Kids, and Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego. I also have to mention History Unboxed, a monthly hands-on history subscription that we have enjoyed for the past two years. Finally, we have recently discovered Pin It! Maps and I can already tell they are going to be a favorite around here!
Looking for ways to use these history and geography gifts?
Be sure to check out these related posts:
- 100 Games and Picture Books for Play-Based Learning
- Discover the World Through Stories
- Read Your Way Across the Globe
- Easy Ways to Learn Geography
- DIY Traveling Journal Homeschool Project
- 6 Books for Teaching Map Skills
- History Unboxed: Hands-On History Fun
- Family History Project: Grandparent Journals
- Make Your Own Map and Treasure Hunt
- Including World Folktales and Fables in Your Homeschool
- Homeschooling with Google Earth
- A Map-Themed Family Movie Night
- Compass Rose Activity
- Make Your Own Pirate Map
- Super Simple Map Activity for Children
- Treasure Map Grid Activity
- Map Vocabulary Flash Cards
Are you searching for gift ideas?
Now, it’s your turn. Tell me: What is your favorite history or geography gift to give? Share here!
Cait co-hosts The Homeschool Sisters Podcast and is co-founder of Raising Poppies, a community for parents of gifted and twice-exceptional children. Cait is also founder of the Family Book Club at My Little Poppies, a fantastic community of book-loving parents and the Gameschool Community at My Little Poppies, a vibrant community of gameschoolers.
Cait is a contributing writer for Simple Homeschool and GeekMom. Her work has also appeared on The Huffington Post, The Mighty, and Scary Mommy. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
Latest posts by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley (see all)
- Mad Libs The Game: Laughter Guaranteed! - July 20, 2017
- Artists Around the World: A New Series from Around the World Stories - July 17, 2017
- The Perfect Game for Kids Who Love the Solar System! - July 13, 2017